COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This site is owned and operated by James Harvey British and Sporting Art Ltd, trading as Harvey and Woodd. Your privacy on the internet is of the utmost importance to us. Harvey & Woodd want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Definition of the Information Harvey & Woodd gathers and keeps track of.
Harvey & Woodd gathers two types of information about users:
· Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:
· Information that Harvey & Woodd gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances do Harvey & Woodd divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Harvey & Woodd Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic Newsletters/Mailshots (Dispatches). We will offer a free electronic newsletter/mailshot to users. Harvey & Woodd gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter/mailshot that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. "Email this to a friend" Service. Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "email this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
USE OF INFORMATION
Harvey & Woodd uses any information voluntarily given by our users to use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters/mailshot.
We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter/mailshot), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Harvey & Woodd never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in the Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include: · Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters/mailshots.
· Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Receive our occasional updates and event announcements